Thursday, July 16, 2009

Find me a Vase!

It's a little ridiculous but...I've spent hours and hours looking at vases online. I like flowers in very organic arrangements and so I thought it would be lovely to have several different bouquets on each table in different size and shaped vases.


  1. My first solution for this was to just gather as many vases as possible from friends and family - regardless of color, shape, size - and see how creative we could get with arranging them as centerpieces. I haven't completely let go of that idea because it is a really thrifty way to do it and I'm sure that Elaina (my florist) will be able to make it come together and look very preppy chic.

  2. On the other hand, I love the idea of using mint julep cups as vases - I like their southern, traditional look and feel. I could get three different sizes of these silvery vases, maybe add ribbons to soften them up, and get a very preppy/romantic feel.

  3. Lastly, and this would be a heck of a lot easier if I were in Poulsbo - I could go shopping at Antique Malls and Flea Markets and really get an assortment of vases that look vintage and shabby-chic (have I gone overboard and used the word "chic" way too many times in this post??). Honestly, I arrive in town the Tuesday morning before my Saturday wedding, I could easily hit up three antique stores that I am familiar with on my way home. If I go this route it's a tad bit risky because I won't be able to budget for the vases - on the other hand, it seems so much more personal and interesting per table.

  4. I also like the idea of incorporating old mason canning jars - this idea kind of ties into option number three as I think you are most likely to find these old jars in antique shops.
When asking my beau about this dillema he said, "Bud, do you think everyone is actually going to notice the vases you choose?" I know he was trying to be helpful and his statement actually made me crack up and release some of the stress I was experiencing over this decision. The flower's are what make the centerpieces lovely, I guess I'm putting way too much time and thought into what we put them in. Which option do you like? Do you have any recommendations for places to find great deals on vases?



/>

2 comments:

  1. I like the Mason jars idea, and they're very inexpensive. You don't have to go to an antique store; people still use them for home canning. Ace Hardware has a 12 pack of the quart sized for $11.97, or you can go to amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Jarden-67000-Mouth-Quart-Mason/dp/B000BWZ7QO
    You can also get them in half-gallon size, but they get pricey at that size, at about $9 each. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could try home goods/marshalls/tjmaxx/ tuesday morning for some vases or pitchers. they don't always have a lot of stock so this would work maybe if you wanted a different one for each table. kind of like vintage knock-offs...

    ReplyDelete