Thursday, July 2, 2009

7 Weeks to go...

For some reason I was feeling really good about the wedding plans - until I realized that I am no longer in front of the 2 month mark by a few weeks, but actually, just past it by one. I stopped by TJ Maxx yesterday to get a yoga mat for my new ultimate boot camp class that I'm now taking 3 days a week. Afterwards, I came home and had just enough time to walk through our engaged couples class assignment from last week with my fiance before I fell asleep from exhaustion. How does one work full time, plan a wedding, get into shape, take a pre-marital counseling course, and oh yeah, just find time to enjoy your fiance -- when the list of wedding to do's are insane. And I don't think as brides, it's entirely our fault. Sure we decide what to take on, but from the day you get engaged there is this month by month list of things you ought to do in order to prepare for this wedding and since you have never actually been married, you kind of assume that you should do everything on the list when it tells you to. I recently subscribed to a blog called A Practicial Wedding, that has a very interesting perspective on this...it really made me laugh and put it all into perspective.

Today, I'm happy to say that I'm throwing the list out the window and making my own list. So there!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! Been there done that but it was a bumm I had to do it without Ben so you are one step up on me! I am happy that you are finding some things to help you out along the way! I will be praying for you and that you have peace, wisdom, and just the time and energy that you need to get things done! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete