Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shabby Chic Signage with a Personal Touch

I honestly love Etsy.com - I really can't sing it's praises enough! It has come in so handy for adding personal style elements to the decor that I honestly don't have enough time nor enough creative juices to pursue myself. Since my reception is at a private residence, we knew that it would take bringing in a lot of our own style to make the venue say preppy-chic. This has been tricky living across the country - thank goodness for the internet, right? Now, if only I could avoid the shipping costs...Anyhoo, I was thinking a lot about including signage around the property that welcomes, thanks and again, adds a personal touch to the layout. I was originally planning on finding a few pieces of old wood, making a sign and painting myself (this would be fine if I wasn't a perfectionist and didn't have only one day of free time before all of the wedding festivities start) - instead, I found a solution and a lovely artisan on Etsy.com called The Back Porch Shoppe - I think I was actually hunting for picture frames when I found their sweet list of items. Anyhow, I asked them to do a small collection for me and they were so easy to work with and friendly. I haven't seen the signs in person yet, but here is a sneak peek that they just sent me (*the lettering is navy blue). I'm excited to use these signs (a couple of them) as decorations in our house after the wedding - I think they make a nice keepsake!

1 comment: