Friday, April 24, 2009

Bridesmaid Dresses: The Showdown, Part II


I have narrowed down my dress options for my lovely ladies in waiting/bridal party. Option #1 is this little Alfred Sung number: I love the big box pleats, the bow, the belt/sash, and color combo. I could see this pairing nicely with ponytail, white bouquet and fuchsia shoes. One idea is for all bridesmaids and matrons of honor to wear this dress and with this color scheme. The second idea is for my matrons of honor to wear the same dress with a reversed color palette (ivory dress, navy trim and sash).

Option #2 is to go with a JCrew fabric and allow the ladies to pick out their dress style preference. I like the cotton cady fabric, I think it is light and summery and will work well for a late August wedding. Plus, there are 5 styles to choose from so one of these cuts has to please each of my 8 girls! I also like how different styles look a little more organic in pictures as if they all just happened to wear the same color of dress that day :)






Option #3: My final option is one that my dear friend and bridesmaid, Kara found for me! When JCrew came out with their summer collection, I totally forgot to look at the regular dresses outside of the wedding party page. She found this navy blue, swiss-dot, soft, sweet and summery little number that might be the answer! I like it because it's a little less "bridesmaidy" and I definitely think you CAN wear this one again. Ladies, I know we have heard that several times from the weddings we have been in but, I think this dress it would actually work! And...it's also the most affordable of the three options.

I love all three of these options and think each of them would work well in our preppy-chic wedding :) I just can't decide!! Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mel,

    All cute but my vote is for either the first option or the second. The nice part about the second option is all girls can choose a style to best fit their body type. Don't worry about "wearing them again" it probably wont happen and that is ok! The third is really cute but I think I tried on a dress very similar to this for J Crew and it can give the pregnant look because of where it cuts. No matter what you choose it will be great! Just CHOOSE so they can be ordered!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hard one! I would def wear the 3rd option again because it is super cute! Option #2 I would probably get the 2nd dress posted (strapless one) and the 1st option is cute but it could be way poofy?! I don't know! I would love to wear either again....but we know how that works! Man I need to get a plane ticket! HAHA!! Yes, we do need to chat because I need to know when to get up there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also could go for number 1 on option #2...just would have to see how it fits! I don't know...you decide! :)

    ReplyDelete