Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fine China...






Okay, I went online to start the registering process and was immediately stumped on the china. I looked at every piece of china I could find and it just wasn't clear to me...should I order fine china or not? I tried my hardest to remember whether or not my last couple of friends who just got married ordered china and I couldn't quite remember. I'm not trying to step on any toes here but, china seems like one of those things that the younger generation is caring less and less about. So what does one do? Order china because you ought to order china and it might be the only time in your life that you purchase such fancy dining accessories?

There are a couple of sets that I really like - I like the first set - classic, traditional, Kate Spade (June Lane)...it has a small touch of whimsy with the tiny little firefly design.

I also like the Kate Spade Wickford Dinnerware collection - it's technically white porcelain...so not china, right? Anyhow, I like the texture on each piece which adds interest and I love how this setting would look nice with any decor you would use to accompany it. Could this be considered china, it's a little more affordable...

And finally, a very elegant set from Vera Wang...I love the blue and silver...so fresh, clean and crisp. What do you all think? What would the "preppy-chic" bride to be do? :) Thanks ahead of time for steering this lost girl forward.

5 comments:

  1. I love china and I know that one of my friends still takes hers out once a week to use for her family (kids included.) She still uses it to entertain but she wanted to use it more then that...good idea! I registered from some very nice stuff but didn't get it (hahahaha it was expensive.) It is always fun to register for it anyways just to see if you get any! I would try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't register for any china, because we knew that none of our friends had the money for such things, and we had other practical items that we needed. (We went to Ikea and bought a plate/bowl/cup/whatever set for $24 when we got back from our honeymoon.) If you want it, you should definitely register, but depending on your guest list and how much it costs, you may only end up with two salad plates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get China, we got Fiestaware, but in red, black and white- so it looks a little classier than the primary colors usually used. White is always a safe bet! Looks good too! Nice blog:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get china unless you LOVE throwing dinner parties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melody, live your own life! If you want china, register for china, if you dont, then register for other stuff that suites you and Adam. I only use mine about once a year, but then again, it was a hand be down... Instead you might want to think about having a few smaller sets for 6. That way you could have one for different dinner parties, family events, etc... and if you choose ones that coordinate, you can combine them for larger events.

    ReplyDelete