Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Shoe Hive


I love fancy shoes and I love boutiques...so the combo can be quite lethal. I can rarely make it out of a fun boutique without splurging. Such was the case today! I stopped by The Shoe Hive in Old Town Alexandria to check out potential shoes to go with my wedding dress and found a pair that I like a lot (above).
But...I of course wanted to post the bridal shoe option on my blog for feedback before purchasing them and was somehow persuaded myself to buy these in the meantime (I guess I was on a magenta/fuschia kick). Shoes always fit and there is nothing better than a bright color to cheer up the old black and gray work clothes, right? So, I stand here justified...I think. My friend Kara had a great idea for the JCrew dress - she recommended that if I don't pick it out for the bridesmaids I can always wear to the rehearsal or maybe I can wear it as my going away dress? Any thoughts on the shoes? Did I mention the brand is for the pink bridal shoe is Something Bleu...how fitting is that?

3 comments: